Located in California, Huntington Beach Dentistry offers root canal and endodontic dentistry for the whole family. Contact us today in Huntington Beach, California, at (714) 964-8830 to schedule an appointment for your dental needs at our family dentistry practice today.
Feeling Any of These Symptoms?
- Tooth or gum pain, discoloration, or prolonged sensitivity to heat or cold.
- A tooth that is tender when it is touched.
- A tooth abscess (pus enclosed in the tissue of the jawbone or an infected tooth)
- Pus drainage in your mouth
- Swelling or tenderness in the lymph nodes under your jaw.
- Sometimes an endodontic problem can exist without warning signs. An x ray taken during a routine dental checkup
can sometimes reveal the tooth damage or problem.
- Come see us if you experience any of these symptoms and let us take the pain away.
Root Canal Treatment
Root Canal is a commonly knows as a form of treatment to repair and save a badly damaged and or infected tooth instead of removing it. The term “root canal” comes from cleaning of the canals inside a tooth’s root.
Root Canal treatment is complete in one or two office visits, depending on the presence of infection and the required treatment plan. After restoration, the tooth continues to function like any other tooth. With good oral hygiene, the restored tooth has the potential to last a lifetime.
A Local anesthetic is applied to the affected tooth and surrounding area.
A small, protective sheet called a dental dam is used to isolate the tooth to keep it clean and free of saliva during your procedure.
An opening is made in the top of the tooth and your Endodontist will remove the soft pulp and nerve and then shape the interior for filling
The root Canal is cleaned, medicated and filled with a rubber like biocompatible material (gutta percha)
A temporary filling is placed, then a permanent restoration, such as a crown to protect the tooth.